a pleasure talking to you

Thank you for the pictures that I cannot open or even look at.  It was a pleasure talking to you last night on the phone when you were more interested in a baseball game than speaking to me.

Let me ask one question, I know what it consists of to put a picture on the email and send it.  Especially since I sent you a complete CD of Marta’s wedding.  Is it that you don’t think that much of me to send a picture of Anna that I could print??

Anyway thanks.
Your mother

• 1.  alicepie

oh god this is hilarious. how they sometimes totally miss our (the child’s) intentions

May 8, 2008 at 12:02 pm

• 2.  monet

ah, the classic passive aggressive mother.

May 8, 2008 at 12:04 pm

• 3.  thatguy

my mom must have had another child and never told me.

May 8, 2008 at 12:22 pm

• 4.  told_ya

my mother is the exact same way!

May 8, 2008 at 1:15 pm

• 5.  been there

Your mom and my mom should get together & teach a class called “Passive Aggressive Much?” – although truth be told my mom usually saves the big guns for my sister (lucky me!).

May 8, 2008 at 1:26 pm

• 6.  Marianne

Your mom and my mom should get together and go bowling.

May 8, 2008 at 3:07 pm

• 7.  jojo

well given my family history, it sure would be nice to have a mother that actually calls and wants to be involved in her child’s life.

May 8, 2008 at 4:03 pm

• 8.  elizabeth

Dear Sweetie!

Just got back from bible study, had ice cream, yum!
      It is hot here. A/C on full blast.

Love you.

P.s. I have big blood clot in leg, and have to go into hospital. Pray for your Moo Maw.

May 8, 2008 at 4:33 pm

• 9.  C. Martin

Egads! Get the woman a gift certificate for 100 free sessions at Guilt Tripper’s Annonymous! (If there isn’t such a place, someone feel free to begin such…) Ideally, she, and the others like her, would find great solace, not to mention inspiration, in their bonding over such dreadfully awful, and obviously completely ungrateful children. ;)

(Says She who thought it was bad that her Mother called several times a week, just to say that the weather was hot, or that she left a sock upstairs…. Of course, now that my Mother is with God, ((who no doubt can tell Her where all those unmatched socks really went)) I really miss those phone calls, and more so, the sound of her voice, and the very essence of her Being.)

May 11, 2008 at 11:29 am

• 10.  Beth

There wouldn’t be any chance that this mother was Irish would there? Irish guilt usually hits home more than anything!

May 11, 2008 at 11:54 am

• 11.  Cirsium

Oh, come on Everyone. She’s a mother. It sounds as though this has been an on-going problem with her child. Passive Aggressive, okay; but maybe she was just fed up and somewhat disgusted and wanted to be sarcastic to make the point of how badly he was treating her. Was the child not Passive Aggressive? That word is bandied about like ADHD used to be. Give the mother a break; her feelings are very hurt.

May 11, 2008 at 12:57 pm

• 12.  Kae

Is everyone else missing the fact that she said she knows how easy it is to email pictures because she put them on CD?? lol classic

May 11, 2008 at 2:03 pm

• 13.  Michelle

Ahh, a mother’s guilt-works better than any other!

May 12, 2008 at 10:15 pm

• 14.  Jess

I think it’s passive-aggressive and HILARIOUS at the same time. I personally appreciate this kind of criticism, because it’s laidback and not so harsh as, “why the hell were you ignoring me on the phone,” or “your crap CD didn’t work.” But maybe that’s just because I have a very, very cruel mother. Who knows? I don’t think she was trying to be obnoxious, I think she was trying to be polite but still get her message across — and I think it’s cute :D

May 13, 2008 at 11:57 pm

• 15.  JP

change the name Anna to Jack and that is my mom. LOL

May 20, 2008 at 8:31 pm

• 16.  Cass

my moms email would say something like “oh well, guess ill see her when she comes to my funeral” or something like that

May 23, 2008 at 2:09 am

• 17.  Brandy

I LOVE This Mom! it’s a snap to the head to her child to remind him/her that she is not tech-stupid.

July 9, 2008 at 12:13 pm