now, back to church on tv

hi, pooh:

grandma is using the homeopathic remedies you sent, but she still isn’t feeling well.  she says it’s not a cold or the flu, she just feels weak.  i sometimes see her holding on to something like she’s lightheaded and when i ask her what’s wrong, she says “nothing, i’m fine”.  i don’t believe her but she’s hardheaded.  give her a call when you can.

those videos are sent back and forth between me and a small group of people where i work.  they break the monotony of the day.  sometimes i laugh out loud when i first see one of them.

anyway, tell jennie i said “hey” and you two continue to be good to each other.  now, back to church on tv.

love, mom

• 1.  Bobby B

Homeopathy?! The ignorance of people never ceases to amaze me.

June 2, 2008 at 1:02 am

• 2.  j

Doctors believing everything a drug rep tells them never ceases to amaze me.

June 2, 2008 at 4:24 pm

• 3.  Devon

I’m sorry, are you saying it’s ignorant to use homeopathy?

Because it’s pretty ignorant to scoff at things you clearly don’t understand.

June 2, 2008 at 9:10 pm

• 4.  Bobby B

Devon, do you understand homeopathy?! Let me break it down for you.

Homeopathy essentially means “like cures like.” Thus, if a person has a fever, find a substance that causes fever and dilute it in water. Dilute it 100 times or more. And, don’t forget to shake the solution between dilutions. Also, the more you dilute the substance, the more powerful it becomes! So, if you really need to cure that fever, you better dilute the solution 1M times. In the end, you’re left with nothing more than water, and you’re better off taking a sugar pill.

So, is that the gist of homeopathy? Or, am I not understanding something? Please correct my ignorance if I’m wrong.

June 3, 2008 at 1:14 pm

• 5.  Katie

I just took “homeopathic” to mean “natural”, although I realize they’re not really the same. This board becomes a lot less fun if we run around calling people ignorant and being hurtful.

June 3, 2008 at 6:37 pm

• 6.  Devon

So true, Katie, so true *blushing*

Bobby, I think we’ll just have to agree to disagree. I have used homeopathic remedies with great success, but you are welcome to use whatever medicines you’d like :)

June 3, 2008 at 6:42 pm

• 7.  Beth

yes, I think the writer meant natural by that too as lots of people think of that as the meaning, although that is not the case. Regardless, Bobby B, no need to jump on someone for their choice of medicine in a completely unrelated message thread. This is supposed to be a fun place to get a laugh, not somewhere to tear apart people’s decisions, especially not when it’s likely a misused word.

June 3, 2008 at 7:06 pm

• 8.  Bobby B

Well, I apologize if anyone took offense to my first post. As I see it, ignorance can be corrected, but stupidity cannot. I just hate to see people waste money on homeopathic remedies, and I encourage everyone to actually learn about the various health remedies out there.

And, I take offense to Devon calling me ignorant about homeopathy, when I clearly do know what I’m talking about. If homeopathic remedies have worked for you in the past, then I’m glad for you. However, I think you should understand that homeopathy relies on the placebo effect.

Beth, everyone is certainly entitled to their own health care choices. But, am I really supposed to know that the OP misused the term “homeopathy?” Yes, this is supposed to be a fun website to have a good laugh, but I will not apologize for trying to spread a little knowledge. I will continue to correct ignorance whenever I can, regardless of the forum.
      When did knowledge and factual information become so offensive?

June 3, 2008 at 8:44 pm

• 9.  jos jenkins

Bobby B- take it somewhere else. We just come here for a laugh..

June 4, 2008 at 1:48 am

• 10.  Jayson

Why do you people get offended by someone trying to spread a little knowledge? When did ignorance become acceptable?

One cannot be entertained AND educated at the same time?! I come here for the laughs as well, but there’s nothing wrong with getting a little enlightenment as well.

Just my 2 cents.

June 4, 2008 at 3:49 am

• 11.  Devon

But the thing is, it’s YOUR knowledge… homeopathy does not pretend to be traditional medicine. It’s ENERGETIC medicine, and it works in a completely different way.

“Understanding” how it works does not mean not being ignorant.

I don’t come here to “spread knowledge” about what’s wrong about other people’s beliefs.

June 5, 2008 at 9:09 pm

• 12.  Russ

I didn’t find this terribly interesting until the very last line.
      what is she talking about exactly?

June 10, 2008 at 11:22 pm

• 13.  Laura

Bobby: Just a thought… I have nothing against those who want to “spread knowledge” and all, but perhaps the offense doesn’t come from your “knowledge” so much as the manner in which you insult the people who may be less knowledgeable by calling them ignorant.

June 19, 2008 at 3:02 pm

• 14.  Mary

This is such a great closing line. I read it like 2 weeks ago and it still cracks me up.

June 25, 2008 at 2:27 pm

Hello to every body, it’s my first go to see
      of this weblog; this webpage carries awesome and actually excellent information in support of visitors.

August 30, 2017 at 9:19 pm