Playbaby?

Backstory: My mother freaked out when she saw a photo I posted on our family photo site of my one-year-old daughter sleeping on top of a big fluffy sheep toy.

Mom: I think you should take down the photo of her with the sheep.
Me: Why?
Mom: It’s too sexy.
Me: Too… sexy??
Mom: She’s in like a sexy pose. Like in a Playboy.
Me: She’s cuddling with a toy sheep.
Mom: Yes, but it’s in a sexy way. A pedophile would like that photo.
Me: I think you’re crazy.
Mom: Look at it again and you’ll see what I mean.

• 1.  MJ

Is your family photo site only for your family? Is it public? If it is I would definitely not post ANY pictures of my child. Your job is to watch your child like a hawk. Don’t underestimate your Mom’s sense of what is appropriate and what is not, she has your best interest and that of your daughter at heart.

April 26, 2009 at 7:53 pm

• 2.  mdh

MJ, 1998 is calling.

April 26, 2009 at 10:53 pm

• 3.  DJ

MJ — You’re telling her what her job is as far as raising her own child is concerned? Are you freaking kidding me? STEP OFF.

April 26, 2009 at 11:48 pm

• 4.  Seraph

overreact much? christ.

April 27, 2009 at 12:14 am

• 5.  K

Seems to be Pedophile Week here on PFYM. Nothing like the topic of pedophiles to bring out the crazies.

April 27, 2009 at 9:23 am

• 6.  Fantab

Okay, am I the only person who finds this post hilarious! NO, pedophiles are not hilarious, but the manner in which this is wrriten is PRICELESS. The mom is just concerned…but it is just too funny that she thinks the one year old is in a sexy pose. Hilarity!

April 27, 2009 at 11:26 am

• 7.  ceeeeeereal

I don’t know about your family dynamics and it’s probably just harmless over-reaction by your mom…but anyone saying my 1 year old is posed sexy….WTF?
      If it were my mom, I know her, it would just be a random, brain dead moment – if anyone else but her said that, I’d be worried. REAL worried. How can you use sexy in the same sentence as “one year old”??

April 27, 2009 at 1:22 pm

• 8.  Kirstie

MJ – you realize that statistically, over 90% of child molestation is done by a family member??

April 27, 2009 at 7:49 pm

• 9.  MJ

Kirstie- Yes I do, and I hesitated to write that first sentence knowing what the statistics are.

April 27, 2009 at 8:10 pm

• 10.  Sue

Unfortunately as much as we hate it the mother has a point that many of the photos found on the sick guys computers come from what were suppose to be innocent family pictures or of little girls especially being silly with a camera and posting the pictures to share with their friends. There was a whole thing on one of the news magazines about being careful what pictures are posted of your children.

April 28, 2009 at 2:20 pm

• 11.  Em

I think the fact of the matter is that if you post a photo on the internet, you have to assume that someone somewhere will be jerking off to it. If that bothers you, you probably shouldn’t post any photos of your children, yourself, or your pets.

:P

April 28, 2009 at 8:14 pm

• 12.  vagtastic

LOeffingL at Em… so true. with so many kinky people and perverts out there it’s 100% true that someone somewhere will probably wank to any pic you post anywhere. the wankers are probably even people you know! not really funny if it’s a picture of a kid, but it’s just that, a picture! so if some pervert wants to jerk it to a pic they found on google image search then whatever, they are sick, but they’re not actually harming your child. just posting the pic isn’t encouraging the pedo to be a pedo.

May 14, 2009 at 4:26 pm