How to Not be Bored in Church

I discovered a mindless new game today you might want to try during a boring Mass. I was looking at the book on the altar and noticing that there are tons of words you can make out of the letters in “SACRAMENTARY.” So, here the rules, words must have at least 4 letters, cannot use a plural of the same word but you can use a plural of a 3 letter word (like “car”) to make it 4 letters. See how you do! Love, Mom

• 1.  Little Lemon

Hang on, I invented the “I’m bored in church” game decades ago.

May 28, 2009 at 2:27 am

• 2.  Brandy

We had one as well; it’s called “Keep blinking or the ride home will be monumental”.

Our mom is the Original Church Lady; going to church nowadays and seeing parents bring TOYS for their kids during Mass sends her into apoplectic (sp) fits on every ride heading home….

Honestly, if this mom is so bored, she should just stay home….

May 28, 2009 at 11:56 am

• 3.  Charlotte

hahaha. I love this. If my grandparents had been able to make us heathens go to church I’m sure Mom would have done something similar…

May 29, 2009 at 7:14 pm

• 4.  ted

why even go if it brings such misery? climbing the stairway to heaven?! people like you are the very reason i don’t go to church.

May 30, 2009 at 6:11 am

• 5.  Jen

Sometimes mass is boring. Doesn’t make anyone a bad person. Doesn’t affect anyone else’s enjoyment of mass. This mother was playing a game in her head, I can’t see how that bothers anyone else.

I love going to mass, but for some reason, I sometimes can’t concentrate on the homily, which sometimes drags. So I should never go because sometimes I get bored sometimes?

May 30, 2009 at 10:17 am

• 6.  nick

well Jen, I suppose if you ever get really bored you could see how many times you could use the word “sometimes” to explain yourself.

May 31, 2009 at 4:40 am

• 7.  Reasonable guy

The clearest word which comes to mind the quickest is SCAM.
      How fitting since it’s about church.

May 31, 2009 at 9:31 am

• 8.  Jen

Nick, you could think of how much you love criticizing others. You’d be busy all day then.

May 31, 2009 at 8:45 pm

• 9.  Nick

Jen, criticize? or…….just the facts. Didn’t mean to upset you. I will pray for you to forgive me when I’m bored.

June 1, 2009 at 8:30 am

• 10.  emmy

well i’m 16 and have no choice but to go to church even though i hate it sometimes..a lot of the time. i’ll try this game next sunday

June 15, 2009 at 3:47 pm

• 11.  ellie

i knew the feeling…. but i dont have to deal with it anymore because i got kicked out of church last week. i was just sitting in my pew, quietly, contemplating our lord and wether he would get annoyed if he heard the preacher drone on about the gospels… when the person in the pew behind me farts. REALLY loudly. i get a case of the uncontrollable giggles. and then i am practically rolling on the floor dying of hysteria. so i get told to leave and not to come anymore. i say fine. i found it boring anway.

July 8, 2010 at 5:35 pm

• 11.1  sarah r

all i can say is LOL to that

July 8, 2010 at 5:36 pm

• 12.  Bored.

Hmm…I always get really bored in church. (My parents are strictly Christian and I am not. They force me to go to church and sit next to them so I can’t use my phone). I think I’ll try this game today at the Boring Mass and see if it gets rid of my boredom. Thanks :)

December 9, 2012 at 6:32 pm

What’s up to all, it’s in fact a pleasant for me to pay a
      visit this web page, it contains valuable Information.

August 30, 2017 at 5:02 pm

• 14.  I’m always bored at Christmas Mass

Always bored at mass on Christmas Eve. I am a kid. What do I do? My grandmother is very religious.

December 24, 2017 at 1:49 am