Did You Know About This?

You know when you are using aluminum foil, like when you are in the middle of doing something and you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box? Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over? The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time.

Well, yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and looked at the end of the box.  And written on the end it said, “Press here to lock end”.  Right there on each end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place. How long has this little locking tab been there?  I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too.  I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too!  I can’t count the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up.

Did you know about this?

• 1.  Michele

Heck, I didn’t even know that! Thanks for the tip Mom!

February 15, 2010 at 2:18 pm

• 2.  Christine

I did not know this – I am now eternally grateful to this mom. Why are there no commercials about this???

February 15, 2010 at 3:28 pm

• 3.  Susan

I’m almost (ahem) 50 and I just discovered this last week! Don’t ask me why I finally decided to look at the dang box!

February 15, 2010 at 3:34 pm

• 4.  Me

I knew about it, but can never get it to work. The perforations don’t work.

February 15, 2010 at 3:35 pm

• 5.  Beth

I had this exact experience at Thanksgiving. I was not amused. “OMFG HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN HERE! MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

February 15, 2010 at 3:36 pm

• 6.  Fanboy Wife

I can’t get those tabs to work either.

February 15, 2010 at 4:26 pm

• 7.  clwho

Uh… tabs? Maybe I’ll go take a look at those rolls.

February 15, 2010 at 4:33 pm

• 8.  Emma

Amazing and also written about on the “1000 Awesome Things” blog (which is the only non-postcard blog I follow). Hilarious entry:

February 16, 2010 at 12:28 pm

• 9.  Katie

Are these a new thing? I didn’t realize it until a few months ago! Sigh, I’m sure it been around for years… I feel like such an idiot!

February 16, 2010 at 4:15 pm

• 10.  jess

You guys I had no idea about the tabs either. Emma, thanks for the link to the 1000 awesome things blog!

February 16, 2010 at 10:14 pm

• 11.  carolyn

I’m 61 and I didn’t know that
      either! I told my daughter
      and she knew!!! thanks for the

February 17, 2010 at 10:42 am

• 12.  carolyn

I’m 61 and I didn’t know that either!!!! I told my daughter and she knew but says she has trouble with them. Thanks for the tip!

February 17, 2010 at 10:43 am

• 13.  CamiSu

I just checked (never had known) and the box of foil that I have had for 3 years or so has it, but nothing else. (they are in the boxes of foil a friend gave me as well and they are pretty old.) Amazing!

February 17, 2010 at 12:08 pm

• 14.  katzkid

Amazing! who knew? LOL

February 17, 2010 at 2:25 pm

• 15.  JRG

boy do I feel dumb. Who would have thought to look at the end of the boxes. I am always pulling the whole roll out of the box, especially the press and seal stuff. amazing. what will they think of next, maybe floating soap or sliced bread?

February 17, 2010 at 2:53 pm

• 16.  Juno

I love it! I hope this mom finds out what a favor she has done for so many people.

February 17, 2010 at 6:05 pm

• 17.  Dixon

Nope. Did not know. Had this problem all my life. I found out about it on a website where I laugh at other people’s mothers…when mine should have told me about this long ago!

February 17, 2010 at 10:17 pm

• 18.  Shanna

I am 51 and just found out about this last year. But, I STILL forget to punch the holes in, which makes me feel like a double idiot…old habits die hard, I guess!

February 19, 2010 at 8:59 am

• 19.  Robin

Hilarious to see so many “I am 50/60-something” comments. Add this 57-year-old to the list–never heard of the friggin’ tabs. Hope my daughter’s reading this!

February 20, 2010 at 9:17 am

• 20.  Dairod

I love your mom! I am 25 and would totally type the same email to my BFF. In fact, I sent her the link to this post and after I went to the kitchen and checked for the things on the side of my aluminum foil box.

February 20, 2010 at 4:38 pm

• 21.  Irene

I’m dutch and just reading about these website in the newspaper.
      This is the first subject I’m reading.
      It’s funny. I didn’t know, went immediately to the kitchen and even here in Holland you can do the same!

Nice!

February 21, 2010 at 6:18 am

• 22.  Ema

My mom and I did the same thing when we were making something for a Fourth of July picnic, but that was at least six or seven years ago, so those tabs have been around for a while.

February 24, 2010 at 12:04 pm

• 23.  GPT

You’re kidding! *goes to look in her kitchen*

I’ve never been more disappointed to be out of foil >.<'

I'm checking in the morning at the supermarket!

February 24, 2010 at 3:05 pm

• 24.  Alexis

You’re kidding! *goes to look in her kitchen*

I’ve never been more disappointed to be out of foil >.<'

I'm checking in the morning at the supermarket!

(Sorry if this is a double post, the first one didn't show up.)

February 24, 2010 at 3:06 pm

• 25.  Kate

I had no idea this existed, wow! I just checked the Reynolds Wrap in my kitchen and was pleasantly surprised! Thanks for the tip.

February 24, 2010 at 10:48 pm

• 26.  Steph*

I just discovered these about a year ago and I’m 24. I can honestly say I don’t find them that handy because sometimes they’re really freakin hard to push! But I’m glad this Mom has enlightened so many people! :) GO momma!

March 23, 2010 at 11:04 am

• 27.  my review here

Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you
      amend your website, how can i subscribe for a
      blog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal.

I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast
      provided bright clear concept