President of the I Can’t Stand David Cassidy Fan Club

Backstory: My mom was forced to see David Cassidy in concert, hated it, and wrote him a letter.  This is an excerpt.

You stated several times during the night that you were sick with some unknown illness. I can only assume that that illness consisted of having a large head, small penis and being a huge ass. I cannot believe a person like you exists and I am quite curious to know what the hell is wrong with you.

I have been going to concerts for 30 years and I am thankful that I can finally say, with all sincerity, that your performance was the worst, most horrible and utterly insufferable concert I have ever seen in my entire life.

Your truly,
President of the I Can’t Stand David Cassidy Fan Club

• 1.  Juno

OUCH! I’m no fan of David Cassidy, but I hope he never sees this letter.

February 19, 2010 at 3:14 pm

• 2.  Jamie Greco

I, too saw David Cassidy and your mother hit the nail on the head. Worst show I’ve ever seen and I was once his biggest fan.

February 19, 2010 at 5:17 pm

• 3.  Sola

I’d be really embarrassed if my mother wrote something like this. What are we in…grade 2 here? Gee!

February 19, 2010 at 9:48 pm

• 3.1  Linda d

Not even Grade 2. A completely bad education system.

February 20, 2017 at 5:04 pm

• 4.  Brat

Don’t hold back, Mom. Tell us how you REALLY feel!

February 20, 2010 at 10:22 am

• 5.  Christine

Wow! What does he do in concert that’s so deserving of such vitriol?? I’m dying to know! I used to love The Partridge Family, although I wasn’t much of a David Cassidy fan per se. I was a Donny Osmond girl.

February 20, 2010 at 3:08 pm

• 6.  Gena

Hahahahahaha! I would have to agree with your mom. Fortunately, I never had the good “luck” of seeing him in concert.

February 20, 2010 at 7:14 pm

• 7.  Megan

Go read THIS other blog. What a mightmare the concerts must have been!!

February 22, 2010 at 1:15 am

• 8.  Tweek

Dude, go Mom.

He’s a public figure, I’m sure he’s used to hate mail by now, and if his performance was so shoddy that she felt compelled to write in the first place, he probably deserves it.

February 22, 2010 at 10:24 am

• 9.  Joseph Spott

I was not at the concert . But , This writer goes to lots of shows . If she does’nt like it she will Just ” Say so ” . Nine out of ten Times ,she has a great time. And,She loves Great Music and performances. So , This Report must have Real substinence because … NO MAN HATH KNOWN THE WRATH of Yo MAMA ,Like I Do. !

February 22, 2010 at 3:16 pm

• 10.  Stephanie

The world would be a better place without this kind of negativity. She could have gotten her message across without so many hateful words included.

February 28, 2010 at 12:18 pm

• 11.  scott

i guess most of you havent had a off day off nite hell even a off year so lets not throw rocks at a glass house the man did have 14 gold album sold out shows and the biggest fan the was at the time yes more then the beatles more then elvis so we re all entitled to a bad day so give him a break 40 years of show and one bad one i d sat thats a pretty good record .

July 31, 2010 at 6:25 am

• 12.  Kelly

My friend was a DC fan until he dissed his fans at a meet/greet. I always TRIED to like him because of her but after she told me this, I don’t care about him and he is exactly the type of person I thought he was. She is no longer a fan but still like his music which is her choice.

He does NOT appreciate the few fans he has
      I never thought he was good looking and would NEVER have wanted to …..
      Arrogant Arrogant Arrogant
      Said he thinks he is God (clearly the man needs help)
      Once again does NOT love his fans at all.

How could he do this I asked myself? Why would he treat the people that once helped make him so bad? I have no answer for this.

I have been a Michael Jackson fan since 1982 and when he died I told my friend and explained to her that what she had heard about MJ was totally wrong. (She like others thought that he slept w/boys until I told her the truth about him being framed etc)

She did research and asked me more questions, now she LOVES MJ.

MJ ALWAYS SHOWED LOVE TO HIS FANS, you can NOT find a time when he treated them bad, he NEVER did and NEVER would. Constant “I love you” and “I love you…more” would come from MJ on stage at awards and during concerts. He always signed auto’s no matter what. He even crawled across people to get to a girl that wanted a hug (he is known for passing out hugs like candy on Halloween).

Michael Jackson is at the top of the scale and there isn’t even a comparison here but, DC doesn’t have the appreciation, the talent or the HEART that Michael Jackson had.

I say this to DC if I ever met him (and I don’t care to as I think what he did was appalling and showed how classless he is, I would say “You made your situation with the fans the way it is, shame on you for not appreciating the few you have left”.

August 5, 2010 at 9:41 pm

• 13.  Kelly

Let me just add how sad I was for my friend, I also felt SOOO bad for the people that were treated like crap from him. I was pissed and I was not even a fan. Some of those people in line came from far away, if you are still a fan after that (no matter what lame excuse he gave about sickness) then “you get what you get”.

August 5, 2010 at 9:44 pm

• 14.  Loveen

Didn’t know this site was out there. The letter is very harsh but…I have seem him be rude to fans. He doesn’t get it. David is so insecure that putting others down and this false ego he thinks impresses people but it doesn’t.

I went to the concert in new york in 2009-he dissed several fans-I included-but what bothered me was a woman who lost her husband that year, went to the concert to end the year on a good note and he berated her. On the way back on the bus, she was crying. I could deal with what he did to me infront of the entire audience but what he did to her was cruel. He doesn’t get it…It is not about him and he lack respect and integrity for the audience and fans. I am no longer a fan-he is a sad dark soul!

February 3, 2011 at 8:01 pm

• 15.  Richard

Say what you want about David Cassidy except that he happens to have a large penis.

February 9, 2011 at 11:56 pm

• 16.  lynne

Dear Renee l woula like to join your fan club. I would like to get pictures and updates about David Cassidy thank you for your help. David Cassidy Come to CANADA. Kingston January 2015 JOY LYNNNE xxoo

January 25, 2015 at 12:45 am

• 17.  France Laliberte

Bowie and Prince are dead ! Those guys were talented and great musiciens. Cassidy is nothing. He is just so arrogant and a drunk !! his wife Sue and his son Beau are ashamed of hlm. Millionnaire twice in his life and he looses everything to be broke ???? wtf !!!! he kisses Susan Dey’s face and then rejects her affection!! she has no breasts so she is not sexy ! David was only selfish and arrogant ! he is small and was so rejected on The Apprentice it was a joke ! David You should be dead and nobody Will miss You !

April 24, 2016 at 7:19 pm

• 18.  Joyce

Hello, I loved David Cassidy as a teen in the 70s. My kids all chipped in and brought me a ticke to his show in Atlantic City on January 2015. It was the worst show I have ever seen. He yelled at the fans ,only played a few partridge family songs and was down right mean. My teen idol is no longer a fond memory. Was he always like this? Or just as he got older? What ashame! Oh why does he always wear the same white shirt every concert? And also he sweat sooooo much it was gross!

January 11, 2017 at 7:27 pm

• 19.  Linda d

If anyone is a true fan, then they will be more about what they can give vs what you can get. In the future, don’t go see him unless you can have the mindset of believing the best about him. I was really great full to hear David tall and hear about his journey. I was there Sunday night and drove 5 hours in a storm. I was privileged to see a very transparent side of him and I had a great experience. If you care about any performer, keep them in your prayers.

February 20, 2017 at 4:56 pm

• 20.  Linda d

I learned a lot from my grandmother that was a great help in my life because of two things:
      1. “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.”
      2. I got my mouth washed out with soap.
      Spend your time more productively than to trash someone…and remember, garbage in, garbage out.
      The Internet can be a helpful tool, but it can also be the bathroom wall of technology. Don’t get caught in that stall.

February 20, 2017 at 5:02 pm

• 21.  Ann Marie Reid

I have been a fan since day one. I am now 60. I have seen David everywhere. When I found out about the dementia, I was actually heartbroken. I’m not a stalker or s crazy person. I have a big heart. You nasty people with these comments. Be quiet. Is your life so miserable. He has never disappointed me in any show. You are calling him rude. Read what you are writing. I wish I could meet him and tell him how much joy he has brought into my life. Yes the saying if you don’t have anything nice to say— David me and my friends have waited at parks for an 8:000 pm show from 10am and we would still do it. God bless you and thank you for all that you have contributed to music!!!!

March 3, 2017 at 12:21 pm

Thanks to my father who told me about this
      weblog, this web site is really amazing.

August 30, 2017 at 10:07 pm

• 23.  Lelio Vieira Carneiro Junior

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on ig. Regards

September 1, 2017 at 1:56 pm

Very shortly this site will be famous amid all blogging
      users, due to it’s pleasant posts

September 2, 2017 at 1:54 pm

• 25.  Frederico de Almeida Vieira Carneiro

Hello, i think that i noticed you visited my blog thus i got here to return the choose?.I am
      trying to find issues to enhance my site!I assume its good enough to make use of some of your
      concepts!!

September 2, 2017 at 8:05 pm

• 26.  start up programs

It’s actually a great and helpful piece of info. I’m glad that you simply shared this useful information with us.
      Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

September 3, 2017 at 6:40 am

• 27.  https://creativemarket.com

After looking over a handful of the blog posts on your
      blog, I really like your way of blogging. I book-marked it to my bookmark webpage list and
      will be checking back soon. Please visit my website as well
      and let me know how you feel.

September 4, 2017 at 8:31 pm

• 28.  dgoodoledays.com

It’s genuinely very difficult in this active life to listen news on TV, so I simply use internet for that purpose, and obtain the
      hottest news.