Happy (?) Maundy Thursday!

mom: Tomorrow is Maundy Thursday.
me: what happens on maundy thursday?
mom: that is when Christ does the last supper and it is the foot washing with Mary Magdalen
me: oooooh
me: so we celebrate by washing peoples feet?
mom: well on Maundy Thursday we do. showing that we are not above other people, as Jesus did to the whore so do we to those beneath us. or did she wash his feet and he let her touch him… ?
me: HAHAHAHA
mom: such an uptight religion
me:  omg i love you

• 1.  Anne

I didn’t expect this conversation to take that turn! (Instead, I was expecting one of them to announce she was celebrating by getting a pedicure.)

April 1, 2010 at 12:57 pm

• 2.  Lucy

Fantastic! Conflating Mary Magdalene washing Jesus’ feet with him washing the disciples’ feet is extra funny. :)

Also, Maundy Thursday pedicures = fascinating idea!! Why have no liturgical commissions thought of this?!?

April 1, 2010 at 1:40 pm

• 3.  Cindy

Wow!!! Talk about being someone who perpetuates stigma. This woman has no clue where it’s at. I bet you’d let at lest 10 poor and helpless people die just to have a designer bag… Wow!!!

April 4, 2010 at 12:04 pm

• 3.1  Jean

Wait I don’t understand what you mean by that, what about designer bags??

April 6, 2010 at 7:00 am

• 3.2  Rosy

Yes, I don’t understand this either. Who said anything about letting people die for handbags?

April 7, 2010 at 12:02 pm

• 4.  Gretchen

@Cindy: What the heck are you talking about?

April 9, 2010 at 10:06 am

• 5.  Jenny

“as Jesus did to the whore so do we to those beneath us” hilarious!

April 9, 2010 at 10:08 am

This is my first time visit at here and i am genuinely impressed to read everthing at alone place.

August 30, 2017 at 4:44 pm

• 7.  Meri

I have been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or blog posts on this kind of area .
      Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading
      this information So i am happy to exhibit that I’ve a very excellent uncanny feeling
      I found out exactly what I needed. I such a lot indubitably will make
      certain to don?t put out of your mind this web
      site and give it a look regularly.

September 1, 2017 at 9:41 pm