The New York Times blog Motherlode has a post today from Momlogic.com editor Vivian Manning-Schaffel who is trying her darndest not to curse in front of her children. We are reminded fondly of our mother’s potty mouth, and believe that a few four-letter words did not hurt us too badly as children. We were always taught that it wasn’t the word that was so bad, it was the intent: A cruel “shut up” directed towards a person is much worse than an expletive exclaimed when you stub your toe. What were your moms’ attitudes towards cursing? Did she curse like a sailor? Did she scrub your mouth out with soap when you said h-e-double-hockey-sticks? We want to hear about it in the comments!
Today In Mom News: Does Yo Momma Have a Potty Mouth?
- Grandma Can’t Be Bothered? (164)
- A Little Multidenominational Advice (1)
- Anne: I came to your A Little Multidenominational Advice » Postcards From Yo Momma page and...
- Your Sex Doll (7)
- Melanie: It’s beautiful there, and there’s lots of culture and history. Perhaps...
- I Can See Uranus (7)
- barbie clothes swim: I enjoy what you guys are up too. This kind of clever work and exposure!...
Past 7 Days
Past 30 Days
- 1. Don’t Passive-Aggressive-Smile-Face-ME +1516
- 2. Mom, Dad and Facebook: A Dangerous Combo +1176
- 3. Get me out of here! +1062
- 4. The Grown-Ass Woman’s Club +1027
- 5. Hear me…RABBITS. +1025
- 6. What Mom Learned From AARP +986
- 7. Sometimes a Snake is Just a Snake +960
- 8. How to Save Your Marriage +920
- 9. Spring Cleaning? +877
- 10. What Men Want +823
Past 7 Days
Past 30 Days
- 1. Where Are You From? (187)
- 2. Grandma Can't Be Bothered? (164)
- 3. Today in Mom News: How Did You Choose Your Child's Name? (140)
- 4. First You Pierce Your Nose, Then You Have Illegitimate Children (100)
- 5. Don't Passive-Aggressive-Smile-Face-ME (79)
- 6. Does Your Mom Buy You Undies Every Year? (73)
- 7. And you are becoming a male hater (70)
- 8. Who is the Baby Daddy? (62)
- 9. Mom the Grammar Nazi (57)
- 10. The Grown-Ass Woman's Club (50)
Tagsadvice Animals appearance Babies birthdays Christmas college dads dating death dogs dreams drinking drugs facebook family food gifts grandmothers grandparents health holidays jobs memories men missing you pets pets and animals pooping pop culture relationships school sex shopping siblings slang technology texting totally random travel tv vices weather weddings work